Monday 3 November 2008

Effortless Living

I keep getting nudges from the universe to remind me that we should all follow the path of least resistance. It is the way that flows; that keeps us in tune with what we really want and what makes us happy. People often think that following the path which makes us happy is being selfish and unthinking. The time of sacrificing ourselves for others is over; putting others before ourselves. That is the path of dissatisfaction and resentment. Putting your desires and needs first means that they will be met, and we can then function from a satisfied and fulfilled place when dealing with others.

I know this is a hard concept to grasp. We have been brought up by a generation who were taught to put others before themselves and that to satisfy yourself first was a negative and wrong thing; something to be ashamed of. But times have changed. As we become more and more empowered, as we move into our power, we must view the world in a different way. We must see that to make ourselves happy will influence the world profoundly

I was reading recently about the idea of making all corporations work for the common good instead of profit. This paradigm shift, the article maintained, would eliminate the need for warring and angst immediately, as everyone would be working for the same cause: themselves. I couldn't help but get excited at the idea that the world could function in this way. It was like Star Trek: The New Generation predicted all those years ago! Working for your happiness, and everyone else's too! What could we achieve? I realise that this is a very simplistic overview of the world economy, but I always like to ask, 'What if....?'

I am feeling cosier and cosier as the evenings draw in, here in dear old Blighty, and I am looking forward to lighting my fire and hybernating for a while. It gives me time to think and to be inspired.

Follow your heart today and do something because it will make you FEEL GOOD!

No comments: